The program takes exported GPS tracks (gpx files), and generates a HTML report providing information such as:
- Journey distance & time, and when the journey took place
- Two diagrams charting elevation, accumulated distance and average speed over time
- An OpenStreetMap diagram illustrating the journey
Here’s an example HTML report, generated by the program:
I have released the source code on GitHub, should you want to use program (please do!).
I would greatly appreciate feedback, and bug reports if you find them. To use the program, all you need is:
- A GPS tracking device. Most Smart Phone markets will have Apps to do the job. I certainly recommend the open source OSMTracker App. It appears to play nicely with this Haskell program.
- The Glasgow Haskell Compiler platform
- A few additional system packages, `GraphicsMagick’ and `cairo’
For Fedora at least, you simply need to run:
$# yum install GraphicsMagick cairo
Have fun tracking !!